Thursday, June 29, 2006

My hero: Jackie Chan

I am glad to read about Jackie Chan following Buffett and Gates' philanthropic efforts.

Jackie Chan says he has bequeathed half of his fortune to charity, saying he looks up to philanthropists like Warren Buffett and Bill Gates. "I admire the efforts by Buffett and Gates to help those in need a lot," Chan said. The 52-year-old action star said half his fortune would go to his own Jackie Chan Charitable Foundation, which helps needy Hong Kong youngsters, provides disaster relief, medical donations and supports the performing arts. The size of his donation isn't known, as Chan refused to disclose his net worth. To read the article.

By the way, Jackie Chan is my hero since young. He is one of the best actors that I have ever known; hardworking; ambitious; charitable; funny and a great person.

May Buffett and Gates and Chan's efforts inspire more and more wealthy people.

Thank you,

Dah Hui Lau (David)

No comments:

Google