Monday, July 09, 2007

Mohnish Pabrai: Rs 2.6cr for lunch is my guru dakshina

Q: I'm thinking you might have paid about $10,000 per minute for this lunch if it lasts an hour...

A: The lunch typically lasts three hours. It is really a bargain basement price for the honour. I have gained so much from Mr Buffett that I consider this a small guru dakshina. I owe him a debt. I have learnt much from him, but I have never given back to him.

Q: Have you ever met Mr Buffett before? You must have attended the annual Berkshire fete in Omaha?

A: I think I've been there every year for the past ten years. I've met him briefly at investor meets, but I have never been introduced to him.

Q: As a self-confessed Buffett buff, you have studied him so closely. What remains to be asked?

A: Just to be with him, to talk about life, about his perspectives, should be good enough. I also want to learn from him about philanthropy and apply some of his principles to my own Dakshana Foundation. I consider this as the first grant my foundation is making (the Buffett lunch bid money goes to the Glide Foundation which helps the poor and homeless in San Francisco)

Full Article

Source: Lincoln Minor

No comments:

Google